As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. We need people who want to contribute their individual talents to help their neighbors locally, across the country, and around the world. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, if you share our passion for helping people, join us in for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity that support our mission.
This is a part-time position 10 hours a week.
Responsible for carrying out communication activities in the region as defined by the Regional Communication Director. The Specialist supports the strategic communication direction in the region in order to promote the full mission of the Red Cross in local communities. The Specialist leads and manages a volunteer team and is responsible for raising the visibility of local chapters to promote Red Cross fundraising and service delivery efforts across all lines of Red Cross business.
1. Support strategic communication plan for the region.
2. Act as a local media spokesperson at the direction of the Director or work with local chapter executives to assign an appropriate spokesperson or media representative.
3. Develop and distribute press materials, including press releases, talking points, op-eds, letters to the editor for local events and initiatives and during regional disaster responses.
4. Assist in developing and carrying out a social media strategy for the territory.
5. Assist in maintaining, either directly or through volunteers, social media platforms consistent with the strategy.
6. Develop photo and video content for local social media and web platforms.
7. Localize national developed materials and ensure distribution of nationally developed press materials and toolkits to all chapters in the region.
8. Maintain a media distribution list for the region.
9. Maintain positive relationships with members of the local media in the region or work with chapter executives and other staff to maintain those relationships.
10. Maintain relationships with chapter executives in the region.
11. Proactively pitch positive local media stories within the region.
12. Work with the Director to develop materials for crisis or reputation management issues.
13. Assist the Director in leading and managing a group of public affairs volunteers in the region.
14. Participate in disaster public affairs deployments beyond the region and be a resource when disaster operations exceed the capacity of other regions in the same division.
15. At the direction of the regional Director, may act as the Public Affairs manager for region led responses.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (life, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm and hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential . May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout the regional jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster. Should this occur, salary compensation would be given in accordance with the law.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit https://americanredcross.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/American_Red_Cross_Careers/job/Santa-Rosa-CA/Regional-Communications-Manager_RC6003 to apply.